Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thing #4 - YouTube

Both YouTube and TeacherTube are loaded with really useful teaching resources. Both YouTube and TeacherTube are loaded with junk - therein lies the problem! The hard part is finding the time to look through all of them to sort the wheat from the chaff. I have spent hours previewing videos and have found both good and bad examples of the use of this tool. Another problem is getting past the firewalls that block a lot of these resources. YouTube and TeacherTube are great ways to share ideas and resources and showcase your students' work. Another caution is to make sure you have authorization to use your students' photographs online. If all the planets are aligned, this Web 2.0 tool can be a real motivator for the students to bring out their creativity and build their self-esteem. I downloaded an Animoto I posted on YouTube as my first attempt at "going public"! I hope it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment